I'm writing my final thesis on the emerging church, my aim is to give most weight to their practical ecclesiology. I would highly appreciate any comments on my work and my thoughts. Thanks!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Welcome



I'm Jesse, 21 years old. At the moment I'm in my final year of an interdenominational bible college in Holland. I'm writing my final thesis about the emerging church/emerging churches because I have a heart for local churches, and yes, i can see that there are (a lot of) things that we can do different.
My actual thesis is:

Does the Emerging Church offer a Biblically/theologically sound alternative for practical ecclesiology within a postmodern society?

I have uploaded my first chapter, thinking this would be the best way to be part of the 'conversation' rather than being an external observer. I would highly appreciate just about any comments. If you could perhaps even read just one section of my first chapter (the first version that is) that would be fantastic. Any suggestions about books that I used, statements that I make, critique from my side (in section 1.7)? please let me know!

Do keep in mind that it's only for a BA (Apparently there's people outthere who've done their Phd. on this topic!!) and that I'm quite restricted in terms of number of words and time that I can spend on it...

Thanks!

Jesse

ps. Chapters will be uploaded as I make progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home