I'm writing my final thesis on the emerging church, my aim is to give most weight to their practical ecclesiology. I would highly appreciate any comments on my work and my thoughts. Thanks!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Lighting candles?

Yesterday I listened to a podcast of Tony Jones talking to Karen Ward, after that I went to the website of her church and spent some time there. I ended up here where you can light candles. Why did this completely fail to move me? I just sat there, staring at the screen, clicking away on a few candles to see how it worked... listening to the music, wondering why the graphics looked aweful and the soundquality was miserable. Wondering whether my candles would keep burning if I closed my web browser... no spiritual experience at all!

1) I'm getting old, quite unlikely, I'm 21
2) I'm too Dutch, too down to earth... might be part of the problem
3) I wasn't in a very spiritual mood...
4) I came unprepared
5) I think the whole point of lighting a candle (if you are to light one, personal I guess) is to go out of your house, go to a place where there is silence, go there with a purpose and basically just help yourself to intercede... I can't see how a webpage can be that place, am I the only one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home